We provide written, comprehensive employment reviews of professionals and executives being considered for employment. Since the potential employer / job reference contact may dramatically affect your future, the outcome is far too important to be left to chance. Having a job reference checking service check your references is an accurate way to confirm that these job references will enhance your chances, rather than stand in your way of securing the position you desire.
We offer three levels of job reference checking service, dependent upon the level of candidate and amount of information being researched: Professional, Executive and Teacher.
The Reference Checking Service Interview
An experienced member of our staff conducts all of our job reference checking service/ employment verification interviews via phone, unless required to be done in writing by the client or reference. All professional reference checking report levels will include the following, depending on corporate policy*:
- Employment verification and verification of dates of employment
- Employment Verification of position title held
- Eligibility status for rehire
- Reason for separation
- Recommendation for another position / role
The Professional Level Job Reference Checking Service Interview
In addition to all of the above employment verification questions, the Professional and Executive Level professional reference checking interviews include a discussion of the employee’s strengths and weaknesses, and a fifteen point numerically-based Performance Evaluation. Professional reference checking research topics include:
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Long-Term Planning
- Short-Term Planning
- Managerial Skills
- Decision Making
- Employee Relations
- Budget Administration
- Technical Skills
- Crisis Management
- Interpersonal Relations
- Overall Performance
The Executive Level Job Reference Checking Service Interview
In addition to all of the above questions and performance evaluation, the Executive Level job reference checking service includes two (2) additional questions:
- A discussion of the employee’s ability to attract and mentor top talent.
- The confirmation of last level of compensation / salary.
Added Professional Reference Checking Services
In addition to employment verification, professional reference checking, and education verification we can provide an individualized quote for several specialized services. Call us for a quote at 800-651-8202 or 800-890-5645 between 9 AM and 5 PM EST.
Social Security Trace
• Validation of the relationship of a name and Social Security Number
• Warns of invalid or unissued Social Security Numbers and warns of death claims filed
• May identify other aliases, addresses or individuals using that number
Driver’s Record Report (DMV)
• Verifies the identity, address and driving history of the applicant in the state within which he/she holds a current driver’s license
Worker’s Compensation Search
• Provides a history of the employee’s work related injuries as filed by past employers and may include dates of claims(s), nature of injuries and whether the claim was upheld or denied
• Requires a signed release from the employer that can only be requested after an employment offer has been made
County Criminal Search
• Researching of court records for felony convictions for one name in one county
• Misdemeanor record searches, when available
• Covers a minimum period of seven years depending on the county
Federal District Search
• Researching of district level records for felony convictions for one name in one district
• Covers a minimum period of seven years depending on the district
County Civil Search
• Researching of detailed information regarding civil actions against the applicant, plaintiff or defendant in county superior courts.
• Covers a minimum of seven years depending on the county
** A signed inquiry release is required from the applicant.
1. There are some companies that prohibit the release of information other than the employment verification of title and dates of employment. Our professional reference checking staff always applies pressure to every job reference that is checked, in an attempt to gain as much information as is possible. Even when a company follows a strict policy to only confirm dates and title of employment verification, other questions, especially the reason for separation and overall recommendation are always asked. Our job reference checking service fee is still applicable as our professional reference checking research offers the knowledge of precisely what the company will divulge to a prospective employer. In addition, each professional reference checking report will address the manner in which this information was provided, including the tone in the reference’s voice and timeliness of the contact (e.g. Did the reference return our calls or did we leave repeated messages that were never returned?).
2. A second job reference checking service exception exists when a job reference is being evasive. There are some job references that will not return our telephone calls and despite our staff’s attempts, we are unable to pass a strong secretary or voice mail system. Our professional reference checking team always calls and/or leaves a minimum of four messages detailing the reason for our call. Should the job reference not return the call from our job reference checking service, we feel that they are saying they do not care to provide job reference information on that candidate. Of course, should we discover that a job reference is traveling, ill, on vacation, or for some reason not available, we will notify our job reference checking service client of this and make further attempts as soon as the job reference is once again available. Candidates need to look at this professional reference checking research from the perspective of a potential employer. It is unlikely that a prospective employer will attempt to reach a job reference more than two or three times. Therefore, the information our job reference checking service obtains, or the lack of a response, is still crucial information that a candidate needs to take into account when making a transition.